Friendship Mentoring Program
Advent's Friendship Mentoring Program consists of individuals and families who reach out in friendship to our Residential Recovery Program teens on a regular basis. Friendship Mentors are especially important as a way to expose our kids to loving Christian families and to give them an opportunity to develop meaningful relationships outside of the group home. Many of our youth have not had significant adult mentoring relationships - relationships that are proven to have a very significant impact on the outcome of a child’s life.
There are many ways to reach out and establish relationships with our teens:
- Prepare a meal together.
- Play cards, board games or sports.
- Lead a Bible study.
- Teach a class.
- Help decorate for the holidays.
- Invite them to your home for the holidays, to a church event, or other events.
- Help guide them in setting life goals from the experiences God has taken you through such as the Christian walk, education, child rearing, or careers.
- Encourage them to accompany you to job sites, colleges, churches, etc.
- Just be a friend to a lonely kid.
For more information, please email us, or call Dave Moretti, our Friendship Mentoring Coordinator, at 408-281-0708.